2017-2018 Exploration use of proceeds
A budget of US$300,000 was used in a multi-disciplined program, including:
- Database management.
- 3D Modelling
- Surface sample audit program
- Structural mapping.
- Outcrop and core alteration mapping (XRF and XRD).
- Susceptibility and physical properties modelling of core.
- Geochemistry evaluation.
- Re-logging of select drill holes.
- Regional structural and alteration studies.
- Geophysical modelling.
Near term potential to expand the current resource
Mineralization follows newly identified structural controls and feeders
whose strike and depth potential remain unexplored. There is potential
to add ounces by drilling along strike and dip.Potential to improve the grade of the current resource
untested high-grade potential that follows high angle structures, and
includes feeder zone potential, may have been underestimated by previous
dominantly vertical delineation drill programs. An angled drill program
or a bulk sample has potential to show improved overall grade by
including more of these observe vertical controls.
Project scale new discovery potential
recognition of two mineralizing events and a previously unknown high
sulphidation exploration potential has led to the recognition of several
paths to new discovery that remains untested to date.Intrusion related mineralization:
- Relates to lower grades (Au≥ 0.06 – to 1.0 g/t).
Gold correlates with
- The bulk of the Tepal
resource relates to this even
Epithermal related mineralization
- Relates to higher grades (Au > 1.0 g/tto 4.1 g/t).
- Gold correlates with (Ag,Pb,Sb)(As).This event remains untested and opens up an exciting new exploration potential
The discovery of important exploration indicators in outcrop.
- Vuggy silica, high temperature clays (pyrophyllite, dickite), possible sinter and native sulphur in outcrop and in core.
An important new exploration model
The 2017-18 exploration program resulted in the discovery of an
untested and mineralized epithermal system with a high grade discovery
potential based on results to date, this includes the possibility that a
preserved high sulphidation mineralization underlies the project area.
This has the potential to become a game changer for the project because
of its untested high-grade new discovery potential.This will be tested
with additional exploration and drilling.
2019 Exploration Plans
- Alteration and structural mapping
- Drill permitting and drilling